#2 – Cross-Selling on eBay:
OK, so this next strategy is pretty simple. However; it can take some time to get it up, and running.
Basically – what you are going to be doing is offering people cheaper alternatives to high ticket products that are selling like hot cakes.
…Your alternative solution will be in the form of a course that teaches people how to solve a particular problem.
(In order to comply with eBay’s new policy – you will need to burn your course ((PDF)) to a DVD, and ship it to your customers. I will talk more on this, later.)
Here are the steps that you will need to follow for this strategy:
1) Find a HOT, high ticket product 2) Verify that it’s selling 3) Create a guide that teaches people how to achieve the same result as the product 4) List your guide using the same keywords as the product 5) Look for other products that will help people achieve the same result, and re-list your product with those keywords 6) Repeat
OK, so let me give you an example!
1) Find a HOT, high ticket product:
First things first – you need to find a product that people are buying.
…For this – I like to go into the health niche.
…This is because people who are having health problems are looking for answers NOW.
They are ready to BUY.
An example for this is acne.
People who have acne will be actively out there on the internet; looking for a way to remove it.
Therefore; they will be willing to purchase ANYTHING that will help them remove it.
…Also; I already know that there are HUNDREDS of different HIGH TICKET products that people are selling.
So… we now need to validate that people are buying a CURE for acne.
2) Validating that it’s selling:
For this, go to: http://www.ebay.com and type in some keywords that will bring up products related to the problem that you are targeting (i.e. acne).
…After doing a quick search – I found a product that selling for a rather high price. Perfect!
Here’s the listing:
As you can see – this listing has already sold four lots. So, we can see that there is some demand for this.
All I did now was copy and paste the title into the search bar.
This is what it brought back:
OK, there are only 7 products listed here. Therefore; if we were to post our product here – it would be sure to stand out.
…in order to be sure that these products are selling – here’s what you want to do:
First – next to the search bar; click on “Advanced”
…And now select “completed listings”:
…This will now bring up all of the listings that have been completed.
Therefore; you will be able to see whether they have been sold, or not.
Also – you will be able to see exactly how much they sold for.
…This step is very important; because we are now able to validate whether people are actually buying this high ticket product, or not.
(If the price is in green – it means that people have bought it. If it’s in red – it means that it didn’t sell.)
OK, so as you can see – this product is selling pretty well.
…I recommend that you target a product that is priced more expensive than $60.
…This is because we are going to be offering a cheaper alternative. Therefore; if you are offering an alternative for $20, and people can actually buy the product for $30 – chances are that they will just buy the product.
…However; if the product is selling at $89.99 – and we offer a $20 alternative; chances are that people will be more inclined to buy OUR product.
Not bad. Right?
3) Creating a PDF guide that is CHEAPER:
OK, so now you need to create a guide that teaches people how to get the same result as what they would get after buying the product.
So for my example – people would buy this acne cream because they want to remove acne.
…So, you need to find out how people can naturally cure acne, and create a guide about it.
Here – you have a couple of options:
– Google it – there is a power of Google. Dig around, and you will find answers – Search for PLR product – products that you can buy (for about $10), and re-sell them. Just go to google and type in: “[Your problem] PLR” e.g. “Acne treatment PLR”. – Buy other guides, and turn them into your own. Extract the best parts, and repackage them in your PDF guide
Here; you simply need to think outside of the box.
…Ask yourself: “How can I find a way to solve X (your problem)”?
Of course – if you have any trouble here; be sure to get in contact with me, and I will help you out.
OK, so now that you have got your guide created; you want to post it on eBay.
4) Listing your product with the SAME KEYWORDS:
You need to make sure that you list your product with exactly the SAME keywords as the product that you are targeting.
For my example – the title of my listing would be:
Rodan + Fields UNBLEMISH #3 Dual Intensive acne pump treatment Alternative
…All you need to do is copy the titles from the other listings, and add in Alternative at the end.
…This will then give you a TON more traffic.
People will see that you are offering a solution that is a LOT cheaper, and they will want to buy YOURS instead.
…Once they buy it – you simply want to burn your PDF guide to a DVD, and send it out to them.
I recommend that you price your guide from $12-20. Depending on how expensive the product that you are targeting is.
5) Look for other products that are the same:
OK, so now that you have crated your guide – you can find other products on eBay that teach people how to achieve the desired result (i.e. curing acne).
All you need to do is spend some time searching.
Type in some different keywords, and see what it pulls up.
…Maybe you want to put the price range at $50-$100?
Once you have found a products name that’s selling for a higher price – simply copy it into the search bar, and run through the same process that we followed in step 2 (validating that it’s selling).
That’s all you need to do.
Your goal here is to get your PDF guide listed on eBay under 5-10 different keywords.
Trust me – that will bring you in a TON of sales, and money!
…So, that’s pretty much all there is to this strategy.
#3 – Reselling The Big Bucks Items!
This method is quite easy to do but does require more physical work (packaging and shipping) and time involvement but the reward is much bigger. This is how I’m able to achieve the majority of $21.5+k in sales while only selling around 100 items a month.
It started when I sold my old laptop on ebay, I made about $325. Then I went on craigslist and bought some more used laptops for cheap and tried selling them online. I was making about $50$100 pure profit for each laptop. I still can’t believe how easy it was to start! Before you know it, I started buying more cheap things from all over and reselling them online. Soon, I was able to reach $21,500+ per month selling electronics on eBay and Amazon.
I sell mainly electronics that are worth $150+ each and every sale has to make me around $50+ profit. I focus on selling higher priced electronic items because they are more profitable and require less work. Would you rather sell 1000 items for $5 each with packaging and shipping; or would you rather sell only 50 items for $100 each with packaging and shipping?
I mainly sell phones, tablets, and other electronics that have a selling price of $150+ or at least $50 in profit. That’s my niche because I enjoy electronics and they are small and easy to store and ship. You can choose whatever niche you like, but make sure the items can easily be packaged and shipped as well as having good profits preferably around $50+ on each sale. You should get into a niche that you enjoy and know the products quite well.
Where do I find items to resell back on eBay and Amazon? Here are the methods I’ve used to buy and resell items online:
1) Buy stuff from craigslist.org and resell online. There’s a lot of good deals on here. You need to do some digging around but it’s a good way to get started in getting quick products to sell online. So for example, in 1 day you can buy just 2-5 items off of craigslist, and your profit for each item is $50+. That’s around $100 – $250 in profits for a day’s work.
2) Buy from estate sales, yard sales, and local auctions. Do your research, it is very important to know your products’ features and prices before you spend the cash.
3) Buy from local shops with coupons and resell online. When big box retailers like Walmart or BestBuy are running specials during the Holiday season, this is when you cash in!
4) Buy from eBay and resell the same items again on eBay and Amazon. That’s right, buy stuff directly on eBay with one account and resell it with another account. My secret weapon is using a free auction sniping tool called: http://www.gixen.com What this tool does is that it will automatically make a bid for you at the very last second on any eBay listing. With this amazing free tool, you’d be able surprised other bidders and basically swoop in and steal auctions easily.
What I would do is find 20-50 ebay listings, log into gixen.com, set my max bids. Walk away. Come back at the end of the day, see what I’ve won, then pay for the items. Wait for them to arrive, and relist the same items on eBay and Amazon. Sometimes I would buy items in small lots from eBay. If I see an eBay seller selling items in my niche for really cheap, I would contact this seller and ask to buy 5 – 10 items at a time with a discount.
5) Buy wholesale. Once you make a lot of sales and profits, it’s time to join the big dog league and buy your products in bulk (50 – 100+ items) without wasting time sourcing the products. The day you have at least $10k in cash profit, then you can start to think about buying wholesale. It’s a big investment, so make sure you know what sells before making the big wholesale purchase.
Normally, when I sell my electronics, I usually include extra stuff with it so that I can sell for at a premium price and to make my items stand out from the rest of the other sellers. For example, when I sell smart phones, I would include some extra bonuses such as screen covers and phone cases. These extras only cost me about $0.25 – $0.50 each (since I buy in bulk), and then I can charge a premium price for my phones.
Don’t worry too much about competitions, there’s always gonna be competition. To me, competition means that there’s money to be made. You just got to get a piece of the pie and there’s plenty for everyone. So you don’t always have to be the cheapest, make your items stand out and sell at a descent price.
Again here are the rules I go by when buying & reselling items: it must be easy to package and ship, and it must make at least $50 profit per sale.
There’s really no secret sauce to this method, you just got to get the ball rolling and just do it. There’s nothing too technical, you simply buy an item, list the item, then ship it once it’s sold.
ANYONE CAN DO THIS! Grandmas, stay at home moms, dads, teens, anyone!
Selling products online is an unbelievably easy way to make REAL money from home.
TAKE ACTION NOW.
In this guide – you have now learned three great strategies for making money selling physical products online.
I hope that you don’t over-look these strategies.
You are NOT going to make any money just by sitting there, and reading, so go out there and get busy!!!!!
Of course – if you need any further help; contact us (link below).
To YOUR Success, Tom Glover Leon Tran HowToWebmaster.com
P.S. – Make 2014 your most profitable year. Be consistent. Get results.
For more tips and FAQs visit